Tuesday 19 January 2021

Follow – Up  Flexible Cystocopy Post Turbt Operation – January 2021

18th January 2021

It was with great relief that in the days leading up to the 18th January that I did not receive a phone call or letter informing me, together with 1000’s of Cancer Patients, and those suspected of having Cancer of one form or another that their treatment had been postponed or worse cancelled due to the continuing presence of Corona Virus.

Once more I must praise the organisation and ALL the staff at Queen Alexandria (Cosham) to ensure that my check-up went ahead.  My appointment was for 1.30pm, the nurse called for me at 1.29pm!! 

After a quick introduction it was into the treatment room for another  Flexible Cystoscopy I am sure that my Heart Rate and Blood pressure were far higher than normal due to the anticipation of the result of this examination.  I am now 12 months post TURBT Operation and it was with great relief that on a detailed inspection, comparison with previous examinations I was told we will see you in 3 months-time.

I have previously commented upon the professionalism of the staff that have conducted my treatment and also of their sense of humour, especially so in these extremely trying conditions for all in the NHS.  This continues, I am pleased to say, the parting shot from the Nurse was ‘The best looking Bladder I have seen today!

On the return journey home, it was good to reflect that I have now been clear of cancer for 12 months.  It was also easier to understand the anxiety prior to this appointment, my thoughts were that the longer that passes then perhaps the chances of the cancer returning are increased.  For any of my readers that are in a similar situation I ask that you look at it this way ‘The more check-ups you have resulting in positive result – then the less chance there is of the cancer returning.’  

That thought not of my doing but one of my daughters – so thanks for that little gem.

As always, I thank you for reading this and ask that you continue to spread the word, about this and all forms of cancer, getting treatment early can and probably is a life-saver.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment