Monday 3 February 2020

Biopsy Result

Follow up Appointment Post TURBT Operation

3rd February 2020

On Saturday 1st February I received my follow up appointment to be told the outcome of my Biopsy, this resulted in my only disappointment of the treatment received to date; my appointment will not be until the 19th March.  This is an awful long time to wait to ascertain if my bladder was or was not clear of Cancer!

After getting over the initial frustration and thinking about it logically (we) Denise and I came to the conclusion that the clinic was either very busy or I was a fairly low priority, ie the Biopsy was clear.  These thoughts however did not completely disappear and they led to a fairly sleepless night.

On Sunday I posted to the 'Fight Bladder Cancer' FB page and was inundated with various views, most of which exclaimed there surprise that I would have to wait so long, many 'Wee-Buddies' advising me to contact the Urology Unit.  I also spoke to a friend who has had to cope with Cancer in the family; he was of the same view as me, more than likely to be good news.

So it was time to put the NHS to the test once more, phoned the Urology Unit at 8.32am and received a call from the Consultant (Mr Wilby) at 9.36am, normally have more difficulty getting through to my GP.  Probably one of the best phone conversations that I have ever had, the words 'The Biopsy is clear' one small sentence for mankind, but .................. you know the rest of this.

I will now be reviewed over the next 5 years, the first of these being in May, so more of this in my next update.

I must remind all my readers of the timescale:  I was referred to QA back in May of 2019, operated on in June, received MytoMycin C Drug Treatment and given the all clear in less than 8 months.  The National Health Service has not failed me nor my family.

In closing I do need to give one final reminder, please be aware of changes in 'habits' do not put off seeking medical advice, I have not felt at all ill during this time, no weight loss, no pain, no unexplained tiredness etc, etc.

Please continue to spread the word, about this and all forms of cancer, getting treatment early can and probably is a life-saver.



No comments:

Post a Comment