Thursday 23 January 2020

Follow up TURBT Operation

22nd January 2020

As a result of my last Cystocopy which was carried out on the 12th December I attended the day surgery clinic at Queen Alexandra Hospital – Cosham to carry out a second Rigid Cystocopy and Biopsy  under general anaesthetic. 

As for all my previous visits to QA I cannot praise ALL of the staff highly enough, all understanding and compassionate of everyone’s conditions and needs.  I must also mention the ongoing support of Family and Friends, especially the many I have made in the swimming community.

I think it is common practice for all hospitals carrying out day surgery the get their patients to attend for a 7.00am start, I arrived at about 6.50am and the waiting room was almost full!!  So many people arriving early for a variety of operations.

A big bonus for this visit was that I was second on the list so no hanging around clock watching, in for surgery at 9.45 and home just mid afternoon.

The lead up to this appointment was also easier, I was far less stressed, I was fully aware as to what was going to occur.  Hopefully now I only have a short time (3-4 Weeks) to wait to find out the long-term prognosis and any ongoing treatment that I may need.

There is an enormous amount of support and help available, so please seek it out, speak to people, do not be afraid to share your concerns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment