Thursday 27 July 2023

Tuesday, 18TH JULY 2023

It is now approximately 4 years since I heard the words 'You have Cancer of the Bladder.'  

From the outset of contracting Cancer I have always been aware that the disease could return.  As I travelled to QA Cosham on the 18th July, a re-occurrence was not uppermost in my mind.  With the normal efficiency that I have come to expect I was ushered into the treatment area, identity checked and up onto the couch.

A few seconds into the examination of the bladder the tell-tale signs of 'that patch' which should not be there - unfortunately a small growth had been found.

I was given the choice of waiting for another appointment or have treatment to immediately remove the offending growth.  My response was 'let's get it removed.'  A couple of minutes wait for the laser to be set up and a warning given that I might experience some discomfort and it was done, the offending growth was zapped.  I will now return to QA in 3 moths time for further checks.

Obviously further growth was something that I did not want to be told, however on the positive side, I will have another checkup in 3 months and I assume further routine check ups at shorter intervals, rather than at 12 months.

I am sure we all continue to hear of many sad cases of, not only Bladder Cancer, but all forms of Cancer.  Many of you have read my blog either online or in the Fight Bladder Cancer magazine. O have repeated many times that my Bladder Cancer was found very early, I reacted to the symptoms.

So please encourage members of your family, friends and acquaintances to carry out simple checks - regularly - as far as BC is concerned do not accept that it is just a Urinary Tract Infection, Antibiotics will not cure cancer.

Finally and as always my thanks and gratitude to the Urology Department of QA Cosham.


No comments:

Post a Comment