Wednesday 7 August 2019

First Treatment

First of 6 treatments commenced, appointment was for 9.30am.  Excellent timing, explanations, signing the forms and having the treatment all done by 10.00am.  

My treatment was administered by Catherine Lympany, as with all staff she was caring, compassionate and understanding of all the possible anxieties.  The treatment involves the injecting of an anti-cancer drug into the bladder, with strict instructions not to use the ‘loo’ for at least an hour, longer if possible.  The side effects of the drug are numerous from developing ‘hot flushes, a rash, tiredness and feeling sick.  Six weeks after my final treatment, which has been re-arranged for the 18thSeptember due to the London to Brighton cycle ride, I will be seen by the consultant.  

The purpose of this appointment will be to perform an internal examination of the bladder to ascertain how successful the removal of the tumour and follow up treatment has been. The good news is that in 85-90% of cases it is 100% successful.

I am also pleased to say that I have not suffered (so far) with any of the side effects.  

QA gets extremely busy, as I left people were queuing to get into the multi-storey car park.

I was planning a gentle bike ride today (8thAugust) but was told to wait until 48 hours after the treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment