Monday 25 January 2021

A Cautionary Tale for ALL Men over a Certain Age! – PLEASE SHARE

(First Written April 2019, date amended to keep this as Front Page)

I am putting these words together in the hope that it will be read by many, hopefully all of my male family members, friends, colleagues and other persons that are of a certain age that I do not know.  

What is ‘A Certain Age’?  I am definitely of a certain age as I reached my 72nd birthday back in April of 2019.  This age means that, as most of us understand, we may experience the odd illness and unfortunately be more prone to life changing events such as Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Cancer.

Since the 11thJuly 2019 I have reflected upon the past 12 months or so and rest in the knowledge as to how lucky (so far) I have been.  My problem may of started some 12 months ago, I cannot recall the exact date and at the time had no reason to record the date, as it was fairly insignificant, but I had been visiting the toilet far more frequently, both during the daytime and especially at night.  

A few weeks passed without any improvement in my ‘condition’ so off to the GP, upon phoning was told that the next available appointment was several days away.  I explained my condition, mentioned my age and low and behold had an appointment within 24 hours.  

Denise (my wife of nearly 50 years) did not really discuss any of the probable outcomes but I believe she knew as well as I that it could perhaps be an indication of a serious problem.

An internal examination of the prostrate, blood and urine tests were all negative - I was given a clean bill of health - so life returned to normal.

Please Cursor down to read my journey from the beginning - thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment